Dates: May 4 – 25, 2019
September 21 – October 12, 2019
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Yoga is the journey of the self through the self.”
Hari OM Yoga teacher training is a comprehensive program offering an in-depth study of Yoga and her sister science, Ayurveda. The teachings are focused on the classic yoga tradition, while bringing it into context in modern times.
This is a perfect education for anyone looking to become a yoga teacher and deepen their personal yoga practice, meditation journey and knowledge of the health and wellness science of Ayurveda. Upon completion, you will receive a 200 hour certification from Hari Om School of Yoga and Yoga Alliance. Become a certified yoga teacher, practice yoga and meditation in a beautiful, peaceful and natural environment, learn about health and wellbeing and how to enrich yours and other’s lives with Ayurveda, and much more.
Explore gorgeous Costa Rica, practice yoga in a boutique studio, make meaningful connections with like-minded individuals from all over the world, and leave feeling re-connected and ready to share your love for yoga with the world.
- Yoga asana (poses) theory and practice
- Introduction to different schools and styles of yoga
- Yoga history and lineages
- Yoga anatomy by a therapy professional
- Pranayama and benefits of breathwork
- Yoga philosophy and history: Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras by Patanjali
- Meditation and mindfulness in everyday life, theory
- Types of Meditation
- Introduction to Tibetan singing bowl meditation
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to Ayurvedic nutrition, spices
- The connection between Ayurveda and Yoga
- Using Ayurveda in Yoga classes and Yoga practice in Ayurvedic healing
- Five elements, doshas (bodily constitution) and
gunas(modes of nature)
- Energy centers of the body, Chakras
- Yoga ethics and the seat of the teacher
- Yoga business in the modern world, intro to marketing and digital presence
- Teaching practicum, group and private yoga classes
- Yoga sequencing for specific types of classes
- Yoga as therapy, injury prevention
andmanagement, yoga for athletes
The aim of this training is to dive deep into the heart of what it means to practice yoga: by learning to love and care for your body, your home in this world; and by restoring your inner connection through discovering the true self. The training is rooted in bhakti-yoga, the yoga of devotion. Hari OM founder, and lead teacher in the training, Matea, has been a part of this yogic tradition since childhood.
Open to all levels, this training is equally beneficial for someone looking to become a yoga teacher and share their passion with the world, as for someone seeking to deepen their personal yoga and meditation practice. Beyond yoga, students will be introduced to its sister science of Ayurveda. Ayur strands for life, and Veda for knowledge, therefore Ayurveda represents the ‘science of life’, an ancient medicinal and lifestyle tradition that perfectly complements yoga. The two together form a perfect toolset for a healthy, wholesome lifestyle! Keep the body healthy with yoga asana and Ayurvedic healing and nutrition principles, maintain mental and emotional peace, and find balance with mindfulness lifestyle practices.
Hari OM Yoga teacher training aims to deliver the highest quality yoga asana, philosophy, anatomy
About the teachers
Matea Zajec began her yoga journey at a young age, practicing bhakti-yoga, meditation, and asana. In college, she lived in an ashram, rising early for meditation and practicing seva, or selfless service, while studying ancient yogic texts and theology books. She graduated with a degree in Eastern Religions and Philosophy, and has been teaching yoga history, Bhagavad-Gita and Yoga Sutras in teacher trainings for years. After years as a yoga teacher, she founded Hari OM Yoga and Hari OM Food & Wellness, aiming to offer the beautiful teachings of yoga to the world. From it, Hari Om Teacher training was developed, with an idea to offer pure yoga, meditation and Ayurveda teachings to the world. Matea is an E-RTY 200, and holds a 200hr certification in Vinyasa yoga, a 200hr certification in Anusara Yoga, is an Aerial yoga instructor, Tibetan singing bowl sound healer, meditation teacher and Reiki master.
Adriana Zajec is an Ayurvedic doctor, massage therapist, Reiki master, and Bio-orgonomy healer. She found Ayurveda after giving up on finding a solution to her daughter’s Matea health issues as a child, and after seeing the amazing and quick results, began studying this medicinal science with a doctor in her home country of Croatia. She founded the first Ayurveda and Wellness center in her hometown, and offered weekly meditation classes and monthly workshops on various topics. After years of one-on-one study with her mentor, she traveled to Ayurveda’s home of Mysore, India, to deepen her knowledge and practical application of various therapies. Ada has personal experience healing chronic diseases, including cancer, with natural methods, and teaches Ayurveda theory and medicinal practice.
Acyuta (Andres Ramirez) is a software engineer, crypto-currency enthusiast, e-commerce expert and Hari OM yoga teacher RYT-200. He has over 20 years experience in the I.T. field, and will be offering his expertise in making a strong online presence as a yoga teacher, assisting you in the business of yoga part of the training.
Immersion style (3 weeks or 22 days Intensive):
Perfect for anyone traveling from abroad, looking for a retreat setting, or a yoga and meditation immersion experience. Stay and meal packages available (read below)!
Training lasts approx. 6 hours daily with one day off a week (which might include self study and reading).
Sample daily schedule:
8amYoga practice 9amBreakfast break
- 10am – 1pm Class
- 1-2pm Lunch break
- 2:30 – 4:30 Teaching practicum and observation
Training and Graduation prerequisites
Hari Om Yoga is a practice that welcomes all! However, certain criteria is preferred in order to best assist your learning experience.
To attend the training, we invite you to have a:
- Minimum of 1 year regular yoga practice
- Some experience in Meditation
- Open mind and willingness to learn
- Respectful attitude to all other students and teachers, their personal path and learning abilities
- Maintaining a regular yoga practice during the training
- Complete certain reading assignments prior to course start date
In order to graduate and receive your certification, you are required to:
- Attend 200 hours of training (any requests to skip hours should be preferably mentioned before the start of training, and you will be required to cover any missed classes)
- Pass the final written exam
- Pass the final teaching exam
Tuition Cost and Payment options:
Yoga Teacher training:Investment: $2899; Deposit to reserve your spot: $599
Accommodation + meal packages: $3199-$3999