When: May 10-14, 2017,
Wednesday to Sunday
10am - 5pm
(plus 3 additional 1.5h aerial yoga classes that will be assigned on the first day)
Where: Holis Spa and Wellness Center, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Price: $750 training only.
Accommodation and training packages starting at $1200. Contact the instructor email@example.com for more details.
Reserve your spot in the training by making a deposit with Spa Holis.
Join us for an intensive immersion into Aerial yoga. If you want to dive deeper into your own yoga and aerial yoga practice, you are welcomed to join.
This training is for:
- Yoga instructors
- Pilates instructors
- Barre instructors
- Dance and Aerial dance instructors & practitioners
- Massage, thai massage and physical therapists
- Yoga students wanting to dive deeper into their practice and discover new forms of yoga
The training consists of:
- 35 contact hours
During the training, you will learn:
- Benefits and contraindications of Aerial yoga
- Differences and similarities between aerial and mat yoga
- Breakdown of aerial poses and principles
- Various types of aerial yoga poses (Standing poses, Wrist wrap poses, Backbends, Back straddle, Hip hang, Inversions , Transitions, Flying poses)
- Intro to Restorative Aerial
- Contraindications and sequencing in Prenatal aerial
- Cueing and demonstrating in an Aerial yoga class
- Sequencing a class
Aerial yoga is a practice that combines already known yoga asanas (poses) with Aerial dance moves, to create a hybrid of hatha yoga and Aerial arts. Many of the same benefits and principles of yoga apply to Aerial yoga, and the use of Aerial hammock is mainly to enhance, deepen, and assist one’s practice. In that sense, the hammock can be viewed as just another yoga prop, like a strap or a block. The highlight of aerial yoga is the safe practice of inversions, that alleviate back pain without putting strain on shoulders or neck, or requiring great strength or balance.
Benefits of Aerial yoga:
- deeper stretches
- low back pain relief
- improved flexibility and joint mobility
- low impact exercise
- safe practice of inversions without compromising the neck or shoulders
- building tremendous core and upper body strength
- developing lean muscles and figure
- improving balance and focus
- mind-body connection
- shavasana (final relaxation) in the hammock is the best relaxation you’ve ever tried
- it’s uplifting, fun and adventurous!
Previous experience in Aerial yoga is preferred (20+ classes), but not necessary. If you would like to take this course, and even teach aerial yoga, but do not have prior experience, please contact us in order to advise you on how to prepare for the training.
If you are a registered/certified yoga and pilates instructor, you will receive a certification and yoga alliance credit for 35h that will allow you to teach aerial yoga.